Things are really starting to heat up here in the Haverhill area, which means your AC is having to work overtime. When your system starts working overtime it’s more likely to break down. That’s why it’s so important to have an AC repair technician you can trust. It’s best to do some research before a breakdown so when you need a repair you aren’t just picking the first name out of the phone book. There are some companies out there that try to take advantage of your sweaty state. So what are some signs that your AC repair technician doesn’t have your best interests in mind?
- Requesting Payment Before Beginning Work
- If you’ve ever watched a daytime court show you know that not only should you get things in writing, but you also shouldn’t pay contractors before they’ve provided service. Reputable companies will provide an estimate and most will not require any payment before work begins.
- Quotes a Price Before Inspecting Your System
- If your technician hasn’t inspected your system how are they figuring up the price they are quoting? Find a company that will provide both an inspection and an estimate before quoting and beginning service.
- Refuses to Put it in Writing
- Again, unless you want to end up in small claims court, don’t work with a company that refuses to put work in writing. Having a signed contract or estimate means that you and your technician are both on the same page as far as the scope of the work involved and the cost.
Hopefully these tips will help you avoid working with untrustworthy contractors. If you are in need of AC repair in the future, we hope you will keep the experts at Andrew DiPietro’s Climate Zone in mind. Our knowledgeable, accredited technicians will work with you to ensure that you understand the work being done before it begins. If you’d like to see some of our client reviews check out our testimonials. We’ve also won awards from Haverhill’s Best and Home Depot’s Voice of the Customer Award in 2014. We are proud of our work and we believe if you work with us you will see why. If you’d like to schedule an appointment or have any questions give us a call at (978) 872-1190 or set up an appointment with us using our online scheduler.