When most people think about heating and cooling their homes, furnaces and air conditioners come to mind–which use ducts to heat and cool Haverhill homes. But what if there was an easier way to manage hot and cold areas in your home and concentrate your HVAC activity?
Mini-splits systems are ductless pieces of equipment that allow you to control the air temperature in individual rooms or across multiple rooms, depending on your preferences. They typically consist of a wall-mounted indoor unit with an outside compressor, but the indoor air handlers can also be suspended from the ceiling or mounted into drop ceilings. They are great for bedrooms, enclosed porches, home offices and more.
People sometimes forget about mini-splits as a heating and cooling option, but they offer a lot of benefits to a home:
- First and foremost, mini-split systems adequately heat individual rooms or zones, providing unique and individualized comfort throughout your home.
- Mini-splits are small and quiet—that means you’ll hardly notice them. Wall-mounted units are usually installed above eye-level and can seamlessly blend in to any space while the outdoor units can operate efficiently up to 50 feet away from your home.
- They are easy to install, and allow you to heat and cool rooms in your home that aren’t connected to ductwork—like a new addition or a remodeled attic. They can easily be added to hydronic systems (hot water heat), space heaters and radiant panels and used in tandem.
- Unlike window units, mini-splits require only a small hole to be drilled into the wall. This makes them less likely to create air leakage in your home and decreases potential security problems that window units might cause.
- If you’re looking to add comfort to multiple rooms, one outdoor unit can handle up to four separate indoor units, meaning that you would only need one outdoor installation for up to four spaces in your home.
- Mini-split systems are easy to customize—you can easily add timers and built-in sleep functions to make your home more energy efficient and further fine-tune your home comfort.
Andrew DiPietro’s Climate Zone offers high-quality mini-split system options that allow you to personalize your comfort. We understand that mini-split systems aren’t as well-known as furnaces or air conditioning systems. So, if you have questions about installation or other benefits of mini-split systems, or would like to take a look at our equipment options, speak with a Climate Zone certified technician by calling 978-872-1190. You can also schedule an appointment with us online and we’d be happy to come look at your home and determine if a mini-split system is right for your home’s needs.