With technology that promises to “just work” at the flip of a switch, it’s no surprise that people expect their HVAC system to work when they need it, without any worries or concerns. After all, it’s no fun to face a Haverhill winter with a heater that breaks down just when you need it the most.
Just like your car, computer and even your body, air conditioners and furnaces need occasional maintenance to run at peak efficiency. You wouldn’t dream of driving your car without making sure the oil’s been changed every few thousand miles. So why neglect your HVAC?
Without occasional checkups, your system can cost you time, money and comfort. That’s why maintenance agreements from Andrew DiPietro’s Climate Zone make all the difference in your home’s heating and air conditioning.
When you sign on to a maintenance agreement, you can trust that your system will be well cared for by certified technicians. During routine maintenance checks, they’ll walk through a checklist of inspections, tests and cleanings to ensure your system is in great shape and advise you of any areas that might present concerns down the road.
While there are number of things that you can do on your own to keep your HVAC system working well, a checkup from a professional technician offers not only a deeper look at your system, but the tools, knowledge and skills to identify any trouble areas.
Think of it like a dentist. Sure, you can brush and floss regularly. But a dentist can do a deep cleaning while looking for any coming cavities. A maintenance agreement does the same thing for your HVAC system.
Here is just some of what you can expect to be done during an annual technician visit as part of a maintenance agreement with Andrew DiPietro’s Climate Zone:
- Lubricate all moving parts: Friction in your HVAC system can cause it to overheat and break down. Adding lubrication helps parts move smoothly.
- Tighten electrical connections: A loose connection can lead to problems that can not only shorten your equipment’s lifespan, but also present a danger to your home. Technicians will make sure all connections are correct, and measure voltage and current on equipment motors.
- Check the thermostat: If your thermostat is not calibrated correctly, it can lead imbalances in your system’s use. A technician will check your thermostat and can even install an updated programmable thermostat on their visit if you don’t already have one.
- Check system controls: Making sure your system’s start cycle, operation and shut-off sequence happen in the correct way keeps your system running safely and properly. The technician checks the controls and makes any necessary adjustments.
- Clean and adjust the blower: Issues with your HVAC system’s blower can mean up to a 15 percent drop in energy efficiency. With the proper adjustments, your blower will have better airflow and increase your home’s comfort.
- Other services, specific to cooling or heating units, will prevent breakdown.
The investment in a maintenance agreement can pay off in lower energy bills, thanks to a more energy-efficient system, and help reduce the number of repairs that might be needed in a neglected system. You’ll get a longer life out of your equipment and it will run much more safely than a system that might otherwise be failing.
Andrew DiPietro’s Climate Zone has a great reputation in the Haverhill area for a reason. So don’t hesitate to call and talk about the various maintenance agreements available. Our team is ready to serve, 24/7. Call us at 978-872-1190 or schedule an appointment online.