We all know what comes after a beautiful Haverhill fall – a cold winter. If you’ve lived through enough New England winters, you know that it’s not a good time for your heat to go out. The team here at Andrew DiPietro’s Climate Zone is always here to help you out if you find yourself without heat and in need of emergency furnace repair. There are also some steps you can take to help ensure that you’re ready for an unexpected breakdown.
Prior to furnace problems:
- Annual furnace service. Keeping up with annual furnace service is important to keeping your system running smoothly and efficiently. Furnace service allows our technicians to catch any minor problems before they become a major problem.
- Gather supplies. Set aside some space to store emergency items such as a space heater, blankets, gloves, hand warmers and hats. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
After your furnace stops:
- Check your breaker. It’s possible that the breaker to your furnace may be tripped by a power surge. If this is all that happened, flip the breaker and your system should start running again. If this happens and your furnace still hasn’t turned on, it’s time to call for furnace repair.
- Break into your emergency supplies. If your furnace goes out, break into your emergency supplies to stay cozy while waiting for a technician to arrive.
- Stay safe. Although it may be tempting, do not bring in outdoor heat sources like kerosene lamps or grills. The fumes from these devices produce carbon monoxide and are very dangerous without proper ventilation. Utilizing a space heater, fireplace or wood stove are safe ways to stay warm until assistance arrives.
There is no ideal time to deal with furnace repair, but winter in Haverhill is definitely not a good time. That’s why we are available 24/7 to ensure we’re someone is always available in case of any emergencies. If you are in need of furnace service, repair or just have a question for our team give us a call at (978) 872-1190 or set up an appointment with us using our online scheduler.